Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Challenge Competitor, Samantha McVee - Week 2



Phew! I made it through the second week! I am feeling much more comfortable with my workouts this week. I love working out.. It is absolutely the easiest part of all of this for me. The eating part is still my biggest obstacle. I already don't really eat red meat, pork products, fish or seafood, so my options for lean proteins is pretty limited. I am learning new ways of cooking which is fun, time consuming when trying to be creative, but all in all fun! I've been finding lots of new fun recipes that are super healthy and proving to satisfy my cravings for Mexican food! I am cutting out my big carbs from my dinners and enjoying them with my lunches. I totally got the gallon of water thing down, which is great.. I feel SOO much better already and I still have 10 weeks left. Woohoo

Now I have to be completely honest. I have not lost a single "pound" per the scale. I will admit I am totally obsessive with getting on the scale daily. Sometimes twice a day.. I'm betting I am not the only person out there that does or has done this. But I have made a "deal" with myself. I am only allowed on the scale twice a week. Monday morning & Friday morning. Otherwise I am going to discourage myself in not seeing the lbs drop off that 12x12 piece of plastic, that previously controlled how I felt about my day. I need to remain positive and that is NOT the way to do it. I am working hard and eating healthy.. I'd even go as far to say I am eating "clean"!!! Eat Clean & Train Dirty is becoming my motto! I love the new lease I am getting on life. I am also learning what exactly "triggers" my emotional eating/cravings and learning new ways to deal with the emotions and such that comes up in a more PRODUCTIVE way then stuffing it all down with food. Since I'm doing confessions I will even confess I tried to "cheat" and it backfired, BIG TIME.. My body already does NOT like "crap" food! Still kind of a catch 22, since I craving the bad stuff, but it literally makes me sick. Here's to hoping my mind can catch up quickly! 

I am betting that my body fat is going down, since I can see the shape change my body is taking even without the lbs disappearing from the scale. I know that for me personally I have a body type that gains muscle mass quickly, especially since I used to be so active in sports, etc. Which means I am losing fat pounds as fast as I am gain muscle pounds, which is great because muscle takes up less room then fat. I know that if I continue to push through these first weeks my body will realize that I am not going to give up when I normally would and catch up to the program and I will continue to see results in other ways. 

Number one thing I am shocked about is the support system I have. I have so many people in my corner cheering for me! I honestly didn't even think about how many people would be interested in my journey to loose weight. I was just doing this for me and my daughter, but now I have encouraged other people to get out and be active and start eating healthier. It's great because we can compare success and share our experience together. It's like I always get an extra boost of motivation and encouragement right when I need it most. So thank you to everyone who is standing behind me in my corner and making lifestyle changes with me. I love knowing I am making a difference.. But it all wouldn't be happening if it wasn't for Stacey and her girls taking a chance and believing in me first. Excited for week 3 and whats to come!!! 

Go Team Challenge Go!!!

Samantha 

No comments:

Post a Comment