Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fit Challenge Competitor, Chelcie Holguin - Week 4



I am strong, motivated, loving, caring and a fighter. But why is it that when I look in the mirror all I can ask myself is WHY? Why do I look like this? Why did I allow myself to get this big? Why can’t the weight come off fast? Why must I work so hard and not see results? Why can’t I eat all the good stuff and stay away from the bad? Why can’t I just be happy with the small progress I’ve made and always want more?

Week 4 is over and I am exhausted. I worked out every morning for 13 days straight. That shows motivation and dedication, but I must be crazy because I am one tired lady. I even got up at 4:30 to do cardio. Then worked out with Nicole at the 5:00am boot camp and then went to our 6:00am nutritional training and did the stadiums. WOW I think I might have gone a little wacky in the brain. It must be all the lack of sleep. My sister looks at me like I am some psycho.  I will say I feel so much better during the day and I am sleeping better at night. Can you call 7:30 a bedtime? Well I do and it’s earlier then my girls to go to sleep.  Just call me Crazy Chelcie. 

I might be the only person who doesn’t know how to shop at Trader Joes and Whole Foods. I go in there and I think all their food is healthy food, so I can eat whatever I want. WRONG!!! Those places are so intimidating. I walk around like a lost dog looking for a bone. I think that explains me in general when it comes to eating healthy. I always thought all I had to do is stay under a certain amount of calories and I’d lose weight. WRONG again. I want to be able to eat low calories and lose the weight since I’m working out so much. Is that too much to ask for? 

So at the end of week 4, I am now aware that I need to eat different things and just because it’s low in calories doesn’t mean it’s good for you. I also have learned that I can exercise 5 hours a day but I won’t’ lose weight. I am building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. I have made so many new friends during this challenge and I cherish you all. I am so grateful for this opportunity and I will give eating better a chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment