Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fit Challenge Competitor, Emily Hanson - Week 4






Ah yes… week 4.  This week was pretty much my “bleh” week.  My biggest accomplishment was finally not throwing up after a 6 am workout!!! Yay!  I know that it’s not good to work out on an empty stomach and so I was trying everything under the sun in the morning but nothing was working.  I mean, I tried oatmeal, wheat toast w/ almond butter, banana, protein shake, protein bar, hard-boiled egg and the list goes on!  Finally, Stacey told me to try a cup of greet yogurt RIGHT before going to bed on the nights where I have an early morning workout the next morning, since it’s a slow releasing protein, there would still be something left in my stomach the next morning.  Well, hallelujah something finally worked!  Now my goal for next week?  To finally drink a gallon of water in one day.  
I’m definitely the type of person to set “visual” goals.  For example, I have a picture that stays on my bookshelf of a crossword puzzle that I made with some goals encrypted in it (pictured above).  It’s just the constant reminder of what I ultimately want out of this challenge and what I want to continue once it’s done.  I decided to do another thing this week, something a little more interactive.  You know how when you’re in kindergarten you make those paper chains for how many days are left in the school year?  WELL, I made one of those with each chain representing a pound that I want to lose.  It’s a rather long chain, but I’m slowly but surely going to get there!  I’m excited to say that at the end of week 4, I was able to tear off 11 of the chains!!!  I did the same thing my last quarter at UCSB before graduation.  There is just something so satisfying about ripping those damn pieces of paper to shreds.  I couldn’t wait till the end of the day to tear them up, and now it pushes me harder to be able to tear them up faster.
Oh! And the other highlight of my week? - Getting a new pair of shoes.   Definitely can’t wait to hit the track next week and tear them up.  More to come… enjoy your week y’all!  Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment