Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fit Challenge Competitor, Heather Wright - Week 2

This is the beauty that I enjoyed today at my 6am workout. My alarm ironically woke me up to Hurt So Good which actually for the first time I didn't since I treated myself to a massage yesterday. I actually felt so good that when the next song came on, an 80's classic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDnxxYDx5nc that I wanted to dance at 5 something am and actually this song has been in my head ever since. Something I learned today that is key to me- I need good music to inspire me to wake up and start my day in a great mood. And honestly, I'm not even a huge 80's fan. Perhaps more than the music, I feel happy because I am doing something good for me.

My body has quickly adjusted to getting to bed earlier for my morning workouts. I think it is because my body is so tired from the exercise that it is getting more restful sleep. I was so sore up until getting that massage, especially in my lower back which Stacey let me know was a result of tight hamstrings. So I have ordered a foam roller and will have to commit to using that so I can prevent injury and continue with my workouts.

The first week I was also doing a couple extra kickboxing classes and added another strength training class which I think was taking a toll on my body. So I have cut that back and am just doing these workouts plus plan to do yoga tomorrow. Besides if I go full force now, it will be hard to top that going into my third month so I will have to wait until then when my body starts to plateau a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment