Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fit Challenge Competitor, Saul Zevada Week 1:




My legs are stiff, my shoulders feel cramped and why can't I fall asleep before 11pm??!! With all that on my back-burner, life is good - life is very, very good :)

Any pain, discomfort and/or struggle I feel is just a bitter, yet hopeful, reminder of how much work I have to do in order to feel like I'm doing right by my own heart, body and soul. Life has blessed me with so many advantages and privileges, yet over the years my immaturity has led me to deal with difficult situations, misfortune and depression in all of the wrong ways. It's one thing to be ignorant and learn from those mistakes, but I don't have that luxury. I've knowingly committed many mistakes, while knowing full-well that they were mistakes as I was committing them! I know better than to have ignored my health, fitness, emotional and psychological well-being for so long.

Since mid-2010, for the sake of my own self-respect, and to salvage the respect and support I'm fortunate to receive from those around me, I've had to grow up quite a bit. In time I have made major changes in the way I approach my relationship, my family and friends, my finances and my career. My health is the one major thing that I have continually ignored and kept telling myself that I will address later. I'm really happy today because, despite my petty moaning and groaning, I feel really proud and energized about the fact that I still have the gifts of youth, health and desire. With all the cylinders now turning in the right direction at the same time, this little engine is gonna start to burn rubber very, very soon!
I have so many more things that I will accomplish in my blessed life, but they're just waiting for me to push through this major tune-up and engine overhaul to get back on the road ....

No comments:

Post a Comment