Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fit Challenge Competitor, Samantha McVee - Week 1:



First things first... Food is your friend, not your enemy!! I always thought I had to starve myself, or cut all the carbs out of my diet for it to really work, and I am SO happy to say that is SO NOT true!!! I am learning to eat the RIGHT ones, at the RIGHT times and the RIGHT amounts. I love eating 5 or 6 times a day, NOW, and it's only been 5 days! But the first 3 days were hard. I had a hard time changing my eating patterns and drinking a gallon of water every single day. I know I have a lot to learn but I have THE best of THE best support system & Stacey & her girls. I am learning so much about the food/fuel we put into our bodies.. and I am so happy that I am learning it now so I can teach my 2 year old daughter the right things, the healthy things NOW. I am setting her and myself up for a much longer and healthier life and it feels amazing. 

The workouts have been GREAT!! I really tried hard to push myself and I am glad I am. I never regret a day I workout, only the times I don't. It has been hard for me to get up at 5:15 or 5:30 for a 6 am workout but the way I feel after working out is so awesome. It is definitely taking some adjusting to get used to be up that early.. and I am still working on it. It is really hard for me to get to bed early enough, but I think that will come with time as well. I keep telling myself, this is a LIFESTYLE change, NOT AN OVERNIGHT FIX.. and to my surprise I really have been a lot easier on myself then I normally am. If I make a mistake I just make a mental note to not do it again. I didn't get this big over night, so why expect it to go away overnight. I am learning to listen to my body and my emotions and really try to not "eat" anything away.. If I am hungry I know I get to eat again in 2 hours.. I drink water and I take a look at whats going on. If I am full I don't force myself to over eat just because it's there and I am supposed to. Your body really is your best guide. 

I am so grateful I got the opportunity to "restart" my life.. I'm learning lots and can't wait to see the results. Yay for week 1!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment