Monday, January 30, 2012

Fit Challenge Competitor - Chelcie Holguin - Week 2






As I stroll along on my Tuesday night walk, all by myself, listening to my music and I start thinking about all the food I CAN'T have. I start day dreaming of cookies, cakes, pies, ice cream, pizza, chips, fast food and I tell myself I miss it. I walked into Xanadu bakery and I smell the sweet aromas of all the delicious pastries and I go to get my money out of my pocket to buy a nice piece of Cake. But I stop myself and a small voice pops into my head. It's my dad’s voice. It's telling me "well you just walked a mile, do you really want to waste all the hard work for a piece of cake? Come on Chelcie, your better than that and you want this more then you want that cake." and bam I'm brought back to reality and I walk out of the bakery. I turn up my music and start thinking about what I will reward myself with when I am done with challenge, maybe new work out gear from one of those awesome, expensive and adorable shops like lululemon and Lucy. This challenge has changed the way I view everything. Not just food and exercise, but my view on everything. I always wanted a quick fix, a diet to make me skinny NOW. I know this is not realistic.  This challenge has opened my eyes to see that its hard work and dedication that makes a life change work. It's nice to see my girls look at me and tell me they are proud of me. I'm blessed with a husband that wakes me up every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 4:30am and stands there till I wake up. He even reminds me after my long day at work that I didn’t do cardio and to go for a walk. He even told me tonight how proud he is of me. I call my dad every morning after my 5:00 am work out and tell him how great I did and how great I feel. I can hear it in his voice that he is proud of me. I have the best support system out there and they are what keep me going.

I'm sitting at work and I’m having a very bad day. I am a very big emotional eater. When I'm sad and blue I turn to food. That should be my motto.  It's horrible and I think it the hardest pattern to break. I went and had lunch with my mom. This is after I just had the worst morning at work. I'm tired and sore and just want to crawl in a dark hole and sleep. I get my menu and I’m all ready to get bad food, comfort food, greasy, no good for your body food.  But I chose the higher road and got chicken and steak fajitas. I cheated and had the 3 small flour tortillas. But I stayed away from the sour cream, cheese and rice. That's a huge step for me. 2 weeks ago I would have been all over the biggest, fattest, yummiest thing there. I came back to work and BAM; the fresh baked cookies are ready. So I'm sitting here writing to you guys instead of devouring an Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate chip cookie. If that's not progress then I don't know what is. :) 

So I got up this morning and went to the gym, not because I had Stacey, Nicole or Ashley there waiting for me, but because my body woke me up. (Oh and my husband kept pushing me to wake up and go. Thanks hubby). I was so proud of myself for going. I hooked my ear buds into my Ipad and I watched TV while sweating, can’t beat that. On my way home, all I can think about is my breakfast. I’ve never been a breakfast person, so for me to be excited about cooking egg whites and vegetarian sausage is huge. I am so into egg whites right now. The yokes make me want to gag. So I had a bagel, sausage, cheese and egg white sandwich, THE BEST EVER. Next time I’ll leave out the cheese. I have now come to realize I’m not a melted cheese kind of girl. I am now going to go searching for turkey bacon, so I can change up my bagel sandwich. All those out there that love their bagels and can’t live without them, I have one word for you, BAGEL THIN. Go out and get them. They are the best. Not to think and when you toast them, oh my word are they good.  
So my 2nd week of this challenge is over. I’m feeling excellent and motivated. I am going to push myself harder these next few weeks and give it all I’ve got . 


No comments:

Post a Comment